New Blog Coming Soon!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Just Another Day In Paradise

Ready to Para-Sail away? This flyin' high guy's feet are about ready to touch the water...as soon as he does the boat will pick up speed and he once again reaches great heights...

No, I swear, we don't live on a tropical island...this view is from LookOut Point looking south towards Little Corona beach...you can see right through the hole in Arch Rock...one of the most sought after backgrounds for photographers. From where I stood to take this photo it takes me only a few minutes to walk to Little Corona...I have gazed at Arch Rock for over 40 years!

I have loved fishing boats all my life. One of my favorite times is the late afternoon when the fishing boats start coming home in the harbor...they remind me of my (late) favorite Uncle Lee who was a commercial fisherman all his life...

I am never without my camera...I just never know what I might see...like this man and his DOG in the harbor...how cool is that?...

Big Corona del Mar State Beach...
Corona del Mar is Spanish for Crown of the Sea...

I shared a bench on the cliffs at LookOut Point with this sweet couple for nearly an hour. "Dr. Ralph" and his wife, Madeline. They both turned 85 last March. They are no longer strangers to me now, but instant friends. Dr. Ralph was a surgeon/physician for 50 years "in towns along the banks of the Mississippi"....where he told me he "did surgery in the morning, saw patients in the afternoon and delivered babies at night"! Up until only four (!) years ago Dr. Ralph was swimming a mile each day! Married 63 years...I am so glad I invited them to share the bench with me...they shared their stories and touched my heart...

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 5:53 AM , Blogger Dagny said...

    See? Don't need that show; got your pictures.

     
  • At 6:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm so glad you have 'paradise' in your own backyard. Thank you for sharing it with us. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!

    Blessings to you and yours,
    Cindy

     
  • At 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    aaaah the crown of the sea. indeed paradise is here. such beautiful pictures jolene, the ocean, the rocks at lookoutpoint, the fishermen. i'll be there some day. promised! and what a lovely meeting with dr. ralph and his wife on your bench near the beach. hoping you'll meet them again sharing stories and memories together. sweet couple!

     
  • At 10:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Looking lovely as always, Jolene, and such a sweet story about your meeting with Dr and Mrs Ralph.

    xxKate

     
  • At 1:04 PM , Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

    People whohave experienced life with age and grace, have a depth of wisdom I admire.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home