New Blog Coming Soon!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Two Grandfathers: Journal Pages

Yesterday (Memorial Day) I relaxed and created a two-page spread in my Visual Journal.
Both of my Grandfathers are the focal point of my journaling.

One Grandpa I knew well, and loved.
And one I never knew, yet I feel I would have loved.

I was not able to complete the pages yesterday because I had yet to find the perfect piece of junk-mail to incorporate (the challenge I gave myself when beginning this journal).

In today's mail it arrived in the form of an advertisement for home furnishings.
A WORLD GLOBE...I cut the globe in half - gluing half to each page...then making it appear as if the two halves were stitched together - illustrating how these two men's lives intertwined to create my world.


Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Ellen said...

    Okay...you need to stop making me cry. Seriously, it's great! :o)

     
  • At 4:24 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Artists are such sensitive souls :)
    Thanks Ellen.

     
  • At 8:12 PM , Blogger Kelly Kilmer said...

    *Gasp*!

     
  • At 9:08 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Does that *gasp* equal a thumbs up? :)

     
  • At 9:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ay Mija Jolene, I too had a grandfather I knew and another I didn't. Sigh. You've inspired me to create a page in my journal that pays homage to the one I knew and got a kick out of.
    Love your page and damit, I wish I had cool junk mail! Am I the only one who gets fliers from tree trimmers and carpet cleaners?!
    Linda

     
  • At 9:39 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    MijaLinda - when you create that page I want to see it! You know how much I LOVE your art!

    LOL...I get the carpet cleaner ones, tree trimming - not so much...and then today I got one that said "when only CdM will do.." advertising the $5+million dollar home in the 'hood for sale. ROFL. Uh yeah, I'll take one of those...

     
  • At 11:30 PM , Blogger Kelly Kilmer said...

    Gasp =Holy #$*&!!!! I LOVE it :)
    Gasp= GOOD thing ;)

     
  • At 11:34 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Ay MijaKelly...you crack me up!

     
  • At 9:39 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    jolene! Your pages continue to amaze me!! And inspire! :) This is wonderful!!

     
  • At 6:47 PM , Blogger Gene Black said...

    You are doing some wonderful work. Keep going at it girl. (I am still waiting for that stamp you were gonna carve!)

     
  • At 6:59 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    gene...Holy#$@&! the stamp!!!! Hey, I am OLD..forgive me..LOL. How about sending me the jpeg file once again...deal?
    And thanks for the compliment on the work :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home