New Blog Coming Soon!

Sunday, July 29, 2007

I Love A BUG

Most of you know I love VW BUG'S.

While living in Germany back in 1972-73 we owned a red '63...back in California in the late 70s I drove a metallic brown '69 with hippie beads hanging from my rear view mirror...and now I drive an '02 that is metallic gray with a peace sign hanging from my mirror....

I notice EVERY BUG on the street...I have always been obsessed with them :-)

While at the kitchen table yesterday working on my inventory for AlteredInsomnia I heard one pull up to the front of the cottage...and had to look...and there she sat....
the Best Buy GEEK Bug :-)

Do you have these where you live?
Best Buy electronics sends these BUGS to your home when installing computers and other tech toys and they had arrived at a neighbor's home across the street...

I love the way it reminds me of the old saddle shoes I wore in the '50s :-)




Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    so funny these bugs. there were so many of them when i was a child. after the war it was the big german hit overhere. today they have this new model, rather expensive but not so popular as back then. you should show YOUR SHINY BUG, jolene!! in front of you cottage ;)) loved it.

     
  • At 2:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Bugs aren't quite so popular as Mini's are in London and Foxtons (real estate company) have done to their mini's what Geek Squad have done to their bugs... except the mini is British Racing Green with checker-board detail - it would be too cool for words if it wasn't for a company... :D

    Anyway, I second the notion of seeing your purdy shiny bug!

    xxKate

     
  • At 11:33 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    plumcrafty, Kate...I had a thing once for Mini's and thought I really wanted one! It was mainly because of our narrow streets and parking issues in the village area of town! But I am much happier staying with my Bug :) I will have to see if I still have the photo of my Bug in my photo files...if so I will post it for you and Marita :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home