New Blog Coming Soon!

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Dedicated To Dagny

*****Please remember to stop at my shop ... AlteredInsomnia
...new products coming this weekend!*****


Dagny can often know what is going on in our lives by watching television. If she didn't get an email from my daughter Jill all she had to do was watch an episode of The O.C. to know what was going on. When the Cohen's moved to Berkeley Dagny just assumed we would be there, looking for that Craftsmen style house any minute.

Well, Dagny...here comes another one (August 15th)....but alas, this one sure isn't going to reflect our lives! :-) But you will see our 'hood since this one is actually filmed in the O.C. !

MTV: Newport Harbor - The Real O.C.

In the late afternoon, as usual, I was at LookOut Point down the street from home...sitting there, minding my own business...taking a few photos....nothing unusual.



Suddenly there were a lot of people standing behind me, walking back and forth, acting strange....so I held on to my camera (hey it's a $1,000 camera!) a little tighter and looked one of 'em in the eye. Then I noticed she had walkie-talkies and all sorts of tech toys on her body....and I thought WTF is going on? So, I slowly turn around and see that LookOut Point has been invaded by an MTV camera crew, director, and lots of people on cell phones, carrying huge cameras and tripods and acting very busy :-)

Lo and behold, it's Chase and Taylor...not exactly Ryan and Marissa, Dagny!

So Dagny, here you have it....a BEHIND THE SCENES EXCLUSIVE at Pirates Cove overlooking Newport harbor.


Chase & Taylor



The MTV crew.






Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

  • At 12:31 AM , Blogger Dagny said...

    I had heard about the show and had been debating about watching it. Now I guess I'll have to since they were filming in your 'hood. Of course, I kind of feel like I already know it with all your cool pix. Did you check out the Albany video yet? If not, I sent you a link.

     
  • At 12:53 AM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    I am sure you will see more of the 'hood via me than the MTV show...LOL! When "Taylor" had to climb the rocks today she WHINED.."why do I have to climb rocks?"...so I am sure the show will mostly be young, white rich kids whining and asking mommy and daddy for money :) Welcome to Newport!
    I did check out Albany...I think I like your 'hood better!!

     
  • At 7:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    chase and taylor? mistery to me, forgive me i'm a country girl in a dutch valley surrounded by meadows and cows :(
    nevertheless, your pictures are beautiful like always wanting me to sit down at lookoutpoint...

     
  • At 8:31 AM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Marita...LOL! Trust me, no one knows who Chase and Taylor are yet..it's an upcoming 'reality' show...and no one will probably CARE who Chase and Taylor are after! :-)

     
  • At 8:36 AM , Blogger BellaKarma said...

    I whined "why do I have to climb rocks" too, when Marissa made me climb 'em. And um, Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County is going into its 4th season, so there might be people who will care about Chase and Taylor. Ew.

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    HolyCrap! Laguna Beach in it's 4th season!!! I had no idea.

     
  • At 8:51 AM , Blogger BellaKarma said...

    Yes Mom...and Laguna Beach has a spin-off too...The Hills with L.C. Conrad, who was the "star" in the first season...in fact, she is the only one Marissa and I have ever seen around the 'hood.

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Blogger Dagny said...

    Now The Hills I watch religiously. Because Lauren works for Teen Vogue. And gets to meet designers and stuff. I just couldn't get into Laguna Beach after she left.

     
  • At 7:29 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    For those who may be wondering....Laguna Beach is another beautiful coastal town five minutes south of our home.

    Dagny, I think they should have done Laguna Beach when Timothy Leary was living here ....now that would have been a TRIP in more ways than one! LOL!

     
  • At 11:37 PM , Blogger BellaKarma said...

    Hey Dagny,
    Marissa and I used to have a lot of hope for L.C., until I heard her say in an upcoming show: "I've decided, to date, like, a guy." I asked Marissa: "Compared to what? A giraffe?"

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home