New Blog Coming Soon!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Mails Here!


Creeeeeeeak...you can hear the mailbox open....kerchuNK...it slams with an almost rusty sound. It is nearly brand new, but designed to look old world and our landlady thought we really needed it...truth is - we like the old truly rusty one much better because at least we could get the mail in and out without doing origami...

I reached in pulling out phone, cable and car insurance bills....the usual suspects this time of month...then my eye caught a glimpse of something unusual...Royal Mail...what the ____?!

Yes, right there along with a beautiful postcard from a seaside town (Whitstable) from Kate living in London (you will recognize her as PlumCrafty in my comments!)...I find that she has also sent me.....what appears to be mail sent by OWL, right from Hogwarts :)

HARRY POTTER
Royal Mail Mint Stamps!

And not one set, but TWO!

These just ROCK Kate -- and I know I have said THANK YOU eleventymillion times in my email....but, THANK YOU again here in front of all my friends in BloggerLand :-)

The monthly bills were much easier to face today - thanks to Kate's Random Act Of Kindness!


Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 10:03 PM , Blogger Dagny said...

    OWL mail is always good. It's the howlers that you don't want.

     
  • At 12:42 AM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Dagny: the only howling was ME when I saw the Royal Mail :) But howling in a "Wolfman Jack" sort of way...LOL! I bet I just lost a lot of my younger readers with that reference!!!

     
  • At 8:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    what a great surprise, jolene! a truly royal mail you've received from your friend. looking at the envelope, stamps and paper, i think it's worth to create an art subject out of this. let your imagination run wild ;)

     
  • At 9:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    :-)
    I'm deep into the latest HP right now.

     
  • At 2:27 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    OH!! What a fun surprise!! I'm gonna have to go check out ebay and see about getting some of those too cool stamps!!!

     
  • At 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Always a pleasure and never a chore! :D Glad you enjoyed them, knowing you're a fan of the young HP.

    xxKate

     
  • At 11:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wonderful Royal Mail! Couldn't have gone to a better household and that's the truth!
    Oh, and btw, thanks Jolene. Wolfman Jack's howl is forever embedded in my head for the rest of the evening. There it goes again. LOL!
    Linda

     
  • At 6:31 AM , Blogger Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

    how fun...love the mailbox...enjoy...blessings, rebecca

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home