New Blog Coming Soon!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Across The Universe ...or at least Across The Pond!

Some days "Kari-The-Mail-Carrier" fills my mailbox with bills and junk-mail...
Some days she knocks softly on the Dutch-door and leaves a bit of magic behind...
Those of you who read my blog regularly may have come to notice the sweet and often funny comments left by Kate who goes by "PlumCrafty".
Kate and I got to know one another via Craftsters.org - a cool on line community where artists and crafters share their ideas, tutorials, and a lot of support.
Kate lives 'across the Pond' and she has become like another daughter to me.
A bulletin board above my art table shows off the numerous postcards Kate sends me from her adventures around Europe - or right in her own backyard of the London area.

A long white mailing tube proclaiming "Royal Mail" arrived the other day and I was smiling before I even opened it!

IMAGINE my gasp and surprise when I unearthed this treasure!!!

On John's sleeve I placed the IMAGINE 'dog tag charm' that Kate also sent along. It is already on my key chain... each time I look at it I IMAGINE the wonder of the Internet and the friends and 'family' it has given me!
THANK YOU SWEET KATIE...I can't IMAGINE my world without you in it!

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You're welcome, honey! :D

    Its just such a shame you and the girls cannot be here to enjoy all the exhibitions so I must send a little of them to you!

    xxK

     
  • At 9:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What a great treasure...I love the Beatles too...

     
  • At 8:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yes imagine...
    i have imagined some lovely things lately and you are definitely a part of my imaginations!
    what a sweet royal mail tavelled across the oceans getting to you door...
    i did not know you had a 'dutch' door, wonder how it looks like!
    why don't you post an image of it??

     
  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Kate: Maybe *someday* we will go to an exhibit WITH you ;-)

    debb: Another Beatle fan? Yay!! Thanks for visting!

    Marita: Our 'imagination' of living in Provence remains strong ;-) Look at the photo of the blue cottage on my blog header - you can see the bottom half of the Dutch door closed -- the top half (opened) looks like the French door on the deck with the window panes. Hey - who knew-- our cottage is Dutch and French ...LOL!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home