New Blog Coming Soon!

Sunday, December 02, 2007

When I Began To ALTER My ART...

In 2003 when I first heard the words "altered book"...I nodded my head not wanting to look uninformed...and quickly Googled it. I was done for. I knew I had to try this new (to me) form of creative expression.

For some reason, at the time I was obsessed with images of the Virgin Mary - perhaps it was a throwback to my rebellious days of being raised Roman Catholic ;-)

As I sat down to begin the process of altering a book I didn't give it a lot of thought - letting the muse lead me. I recalled a book I had read - Our Lady Of The Lost and Found and dug it off the shelf...and so began the journey. This book created in 2003 - as you will see in my video - was the starting point of my love (obsession/passion) for mixed media 'altered' art.

Excuse the unprofessional video - I doubt Spielberg will be calling me...I have attempted to hold my camera while turning the pages as my tripod and I are not getting along today.





And one new page in my Visual Journal...




Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 7:32 PM , Blogger Dagny said...

    I loved the music on the video.

     
  • At 9:23 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Dagny: I play the CD quite often when I am making art...Enya...but I'm sure you knew that.

     
  • At 1:51 AM , Blogger Britt-Arnhild said...

    Great second photo!

     
  • At 7:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your book is so inspiring, you always do a wonderful job no matter what the project, Jolene.

    Am loving your new page as well. :D

    xxKate

    PS will send email soon with all latest goss!

     
  • At 5:12 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Thank you Britt-Arnhild!
    Kate - you are WAY too kind!

     
  • At 3:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I loved your video, altered art is something I thought only I appreciated, and when it became mainstream I felt connected and no longer hid my little projects that I thought nobody but me would like.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home