New Blog Coming Soon!

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Hostess Gift For The Holidays!

What my customer said:
Jolene, I have my tiles! They are absolutely gorgeous! They look even better in person. Very rustic, very classy. This was exactly the look I was trying to go for. I appreciate your time and attention to this project. I think your style is great. Thank you so much!
Scott B. - San Leandro, California

I like working with natural stone tile. I like the way it gives a rustic 'time-worn' look to the things I create...those who know me know that I love to create things that appear to have a 'history' - as if it has just been re-discovered in your grandparents basement - or found on the dusty shelf of a roadside thrift shop.
A customer in the Bay area wanted a set of Frida coasters to give as a gift to a friend. I worked the images into the tile, following the nooks and crannies of the natural stone tile. I liked the end result - and so did my customer :)
(the tiles are sealed/waterproofed, have a foam backing to protect furniture and measure 4"x4")

I would love to make a custom tile coaster set for you as well, using any images you would like ...
they make a wonderful
HOSTESS GIFT FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
Let's talk! Send me an email or leave me a comment and I will contact you!

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

  • At 6:58 AM , Blogger Dagny said...

    Oooo. Frida. Cool.

     
  • At 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Those coasters are to splendiferous for words. Is there no end to your talents?

    xxKate

     
  • At 2:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i don't know frida but i'm sure no matter the images your coasters are just to die for...unique items to decorate a styling dinner or to give away as a personal gift to a friend or an lovely present to a host as well a splendid idea to someone special for xmas!!

     
  • At 7:00 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Dagny, Kate, Marita - thank you all so much for your compliments! ;-)

     
  • At 11:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    These tiles are beautiful. I would love to feel them in my hands :-)

     
  • At 10:31 AM , Blogger Catherine said...

    Very beautiful tiles...very cool !
    Cat

     
  • At 8:24 AM , Blogger Ellen said...

    Muy bonita! I'll bet she'll love them!!

    Ellen

     
  • At 11:09 AM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Britt-Arnhild, Cat, Ellen - your comments make me SMILE :-) Thank you!

     
  • At 12:50 AM , Blogger Mélanie said...

    I love Frida. beautiful work

     
  • At 1:36 AM , Blogger xxxxx said...

    These coasters are wonderful!

     
  • At 1:31 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Melanie & She Who Flies....so nice to meet both of you!!! And thank you so much for leaving your comments...it means so much to me!

     
  • At 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    very clever idea!

     
  • At 3:15 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Thank You Corey! It always makes me so happy to know you've visited The Blue Cottage! :) xox

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home