New Blog Coming Soon!

Monday, April 17, 2006

Monday, Monday.....

My granddaughter (we call her "Cooper") and I decided to spend Easter cleaning the garage- it was a religious experience for us - we felt reborn :) Actually it had to be done. I was tired of parking my Bug in the street and she was tired of having to look through a kazillion boxes to find something she wanted. My Dad stayed at my brother's for the weekend, so it was a good time to get some things done - we even set up a little work bench area for him - and he was happy. Dad was in the aircraft business most of his life (he turned down an offer to work with Howard Hughes!) - he can fix anything - but he hasn't had a place to work on stuff in the garage since moving here...now he does...and at 91 next month he needs to keep busy! :) So, today I had a couple hours to myself before Dad returned...and naturally I went out to shoot photos. I headed south to Laguna Beach (sounds like a ROAD TRIP, but it's only 5 minutes from our cottage!). I took a few photos and chilled out before coming back to reality...or..er...uh....back to our beach!

OK, so here's the BUZZ...(har har) look I got the bee in this photo!


Experimenting with black & white...I think I'm gonna like this...



Free as a bird...


Disclaimer: My laptop is still not working right. I have rebooted 3 times in the last 30 minutes to get this post uploaded. I think I might need a new Networking Card...which should ONLY set me back $100...argh!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OH JOLENE...these pictures are absolutely fantastic!! I find myself wanting to reach out and brush my finger against the screen, just to feel that sweet flower...to wipe the sea-spray from the eyes of those birds---

    It is so wonderful you could spend quality time with cooper; i envy you, with my grandaughter being a good distance away......sigh..

    thank you, jolene, for scooping up a bit of the ocean and bringing it to my house for a few moments....the prairie just can't compare. take good care, my west-coast bud.....

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Dagny said...

    Great photos. Sorry to hear you are still having computer problems though.

     
  • At 6:04 PM , Blogger Trudi said...

    Hey Jolene! Finally found time to drop by and check out your blog. It's great and I love your photos. Great shot with the bee in it. And of course, I love the black and white shot. Keep snapping!

    I'll be back!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home