New Blog Coming Soon!

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Seal Rock @ Laguna Beach

My friend/neighbor/sista- Kimber and I escaped a bit today. After going to hear Barbara's son's band, the Green Room, play their classic rock at the Spirit Run at Fashion Island we headed over to Laguna Beach - five minutes from home in Corona del Mar. I had read about a man who was photographing and video taping the whales - from the vista point at Crescent Beach - so we went to check him and the whales out........

I've loved this spot since my daughter Jill discovered it a few years ago...this path leads you to a vista overlooking the water-- the park setting and flowers, along with the view is breathtaking...


...This is Seal Rock...uh..er..because the seals are here. ;-) and they are on a rock ;-)
if you enlarge the photo by doing the magic click on the image you can also see the dolphin right there behind the seals...

Yeah...I had "camera envy" when I saw the whale guy's setup! He gets here to Crescent Bay Point at 5:30a.m. every morning to do his photography...seven days a week! There are more cameras and telescopes you can't see in this photo.

...This is Crescent Bay - and Laguna Beach in the background...

...If you were hanging over the rail like me...this is what you would see...
Kimberly and I were only here for about 30 minutes and we saw about 5 whales. It was an overcast day and I could not get my camera to focus on them from this distance...but one of these days.....you bet I will :-) so stay tuned!

5 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Wow! Gorgeous places you visited! I want to see!! I miss seeing the ocean - I've never lived near, but I feel as if I must have in a past life or something because I'm SO drawn to it! I can almost feel the breeze (wind) and smell the air from your pictures!

    Tammy
    tamberstone.blogspot.com

     
  • At 4:41 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    I love that you wrote you can almost feel the breeze and smell the air viewing my photos! THAT is exactly what I strive for..I like to leave the viewer with a 'feeling' of some sort.
    I am blessed to live here right now. It is where I have wanted to be all my life...and if the Universe permits, I will be able to stay here.
    Thanks again for stopping by!

     
  • At 10:39 PM , Blogger majamom said...

    absolutely fantastic!

     
  • At 7:42 AM , Blogger Dagny said...

    That is absolutely breathtaking. I will have to remember it the next time I am in the OC area.

     
  • At 9:37 AM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Hey Dagny...when you come to the OC we will take you to this beautiful spot!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home