New Blog Coming Soon!

Friday, March 10, 2006

All Hail Broke Loose!

In So. Cal we get So. Excited when we have REAL weather. If a forecast of "drizzle" makes the local news it becomes ::::STORM WATCH 2006:::: Yes. Pathetic. We know. And then the weather "teases" before the weather-person comes on camera usually go something like..."when will it end?'', "stay tuned for the latest radar images!" End? Who wants it to end? We NEED rain. We dance for rain. Will work for rain. But as soon as we get it they want to tell us when it will end. Fire these people.

Well, today we got something REAL. Hail. And we all got so excited that one family member (and I won't name names) hurt herself getting off her sleeper chair so fast to see it because another family member yelled to her in a PANIC STRICKEN voice to "come here quick"....hearing "come here quick", the beating hail on the skylight in her dressing room, and me running for my camera down the hallway made her think either we were in the midst of an approaching tsunami, or giant killer bee's were trying to get in her bathroom through the skylight. All this for hail.

I have proof. Of the hail that is. The injured family member chose not to be photographed.



3 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yes, wasn't it lovely? I love storms....(and I'm glad I don't have to commute in them).

     
  • At 9:58 AM , Blogger majamom said...

    Hi
    up here in the desert we become giddy kids anticipating every flake-not happy until this rarity stays on our sand long enough to snap some pictures!
    I am heading out now to take some pics =)
    Namaste,
    MaryBeth from Artella

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    MaryBeth,
    I love the Ying and Yang of our environment's :) You in the desert, me on the coast!

    If you ever get photo's of flakes post them!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home