New Blog Coming Soon!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Eat Dessert First

(click on image ...it will be larger...go ahead, make yourself suffer more!)
We've all heard the saying, "Life is short, eat dessert first"...well, I acted on it.
Tonight.
I hadn't had dinner --- BUT--Kimberly brought over a HOMEMADE, NOTHING SAYS LOVIN' LIKE SOMETHIN' FROM THE OVEN LEMON MERINGUE PIE.
It was sitting in the fridge.
It's not right to have it sitting in the fridge. All alone. Sort of. With the other boring fridge foods.
All I could think about was the LEMON MERINGUE PIE in the fridge.
I wasn't ready for dinner (even though it was dinnertime).
But..I was ready for PIE!
So, who's gonna stop me? PieBusters? Nuh uh no way.
One bite and I wanted to run down to the beach with the rest of the pie.
Hide it from my family.
And eat it all.
I didn't.
Eat it all that is.
But I wanted to.
Lemon Meringue pie was my Mom's favorite pie. She always wanted it on her birthday. I wish she was here today -- I would have given her the whole pie..well, minus my slice :)

7 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yum!!!!! You got a great neighbor, doncha?

     
  • At 12:12 AM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    It's nearly as FUN as living on Sesame Street ;-)
    If CdM gave out Best Neighbor Awards Kimberly would surely walk away with the honors.

     
  • At 6:18 AM , Blogger Lee said...

    LEMON MERINGUE.......
    I might have thought about driving from LHC, had anyone invited TO SHARE!!!
    Good Girl!

     
  • At 5:29 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Wow MedicineMan, if I knew a lemon meringue pie would have gotten you to CdM sooner I MIGHT have even baked one MYSELF....well...maybe.... ;-)

     
  • At 10:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Just say the word, Jolene, and I'm there, too!

     
  • At 9:26 AM , Blogger majamom said...

    Hi Jolene,

    I wanted to say how sorry I am about your moms passing.
    I lost my brother -in-law, in October from sudden heart attack at 44, so I have some sense of what you are going through.
    God Bless you for hanging in with your dad. Just being 90 is an incredilbe accomplishment.
    Be sure to take good care of you, and let us know how you are.
    Namaste,
    MB

     
  • At 2:23 AM , Blogger Curiouser Alice said...

    I'll meet you down on that beach! Oh, so pretty looking, how did you have the heart to cut it? Oh wait, eyes and stomach overrule heart many a' day. You're right, I shouldn't have clicked on that picture, because then the saliva glands started working overtime. Enjoy each delicious yellow fluffy bite, carpe the pie! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home