New Blog Coming Soon!

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Legend


(of course you know by now you can click the image for a larger view!)
I carved a favorite image of John Lennon...who in my opinion was THE greatest songwriter of my generation. I was 13 when The Beatle's invaded America (as the press put it). I am 55 now and STILL listen to their music daily. I am as blown away today, as I was all those years ago by the haunting lyrics of Lennon & McCartney.

To watch some incredible videos of John go to the official John Lennon website.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW! You really have a way with that carving tool! I find it amazing that you just started doing this and already, you're up to carving people images. Not an easy thing to do. You did a great job and nailed John Lennon's likeness! Great work!
    LaLinda

     
  • At 4:59 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Linda...thank you!
    Carving a likeness of someone is a real challenge. The slightest slip of the carving tool and you have lost the distinct 'character' that identifies a person...it is amazing how the slightess mistake will magnify when doing a carving!I am still struggling to get the likeness of Bob Dylan...it's a tough one!

     
  • At 9:45 AM , Blogger majamom said...

    Hi Jolene,
    You should have this made into a stamp! I think you would sell a lot of them!
    Namaste,
    MB

     
  • At 3:29 PM , Blogger Deborah Boschert said...

    I am so impressed! These stamps are amazing. How funny that I've come across your blog today -- I'm taking a stamp carving workshop tomorrow. Serindipidy!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home