New Blog Coming Soon!

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Constant Craving

I have been CRAVING creativity!!!!!
Working in an office 40 hours a week has been an adjustment for me when it comes to my creativity. My creative impulses usually arrived at 2:00AM...now by 10:00PM my head just wants to hit the pillow.
Although there are seventeen million things I should be doing on the weekends (like organizing our new town-home) I find that I have to make time for ART.

On this lazy Sunday I had a craving to carve a rubber stamp.
I decided to make a Dia de los Muertos skull to use on my guitar.


(ABOVE: close up of carved stamp)

(ABOVE: rubber stamp image on guitar)

After working a little on my guitar project I started a new page in my Art Journal.
The image of the Mexican woman is a photocopy transfer using gel medium. The background is acrylics and water soluble crayons and stamped images in the background to help create depth.
This is only the beginning of this page...not sure where it will lead...

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home