New Blog Coming Soon!

Saturday, April 05, 2008

I'm Not Brushing You Off...

I just haven't had a lot to write about lately.
Back to working a forty-hour week I've had little time to MAKE ART NOW! To relax I've been learning and experimenting with Photoshop. My latest obsession: BRUSHES. As if you could not tell!

On this one below I created a BRUSH from one of my original design backgrounds. After applying it in black I faded the background and then used the custom BRUSH of the vintage car I found while searching custom brushes on the Internet. I only have Photoshop 6.0 so my BRUSHES are limited :( Do you feel sorry for me? Does anyone have a newer version of Photoshop they want to loan me to install? Perhaps a barter -- I make you a Chopstick Journal and you loan me your Photoshop CD?

This one below is another manipulated photo that I took at Disneyland this past winter.
I put a cross on top of the castle to make it more Gothic :) I then made a custom BRUSH of a vintage VW...oh how I wish I had THAT Bug :)


I think I will become even more obsessed working with vintage photos in my collection!
This one below is of me in Santa Barbara more than a few years ago :)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 2:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    sweet beach girl jolene... having the time of her life at the californian coasts building dream castles in the sand...
    i love this image ;))
    and
    the very first one is stunning ;))

    i hope you'll be having some more time left exploring this new brush
    passion ;)

     
  • At 3:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your creativity with Photoshop is amazing! I love your lastest pieces.

    xxxK

     
  • At 4:35 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Marita and PlumCrafty Kate: Thank you both so much for your compliments and encouragement! I am SO new at this (obviously) and I have much to learn...but it sure is a fun trip :)

     
  • At 8:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OHMYGOD MIJA! I love your edgy brush! SOCOOL! I was also looking at your earlier "altered" photos below and I love the birds on branches hanging in front of the castle. Great stuff.
    Linda

     
  • At 11:18 AM , Blogger Gerushia's New World said...

    Jolene:

    I'm so glad to see you're back in blogland. I posted in my blog yesterday for the first time in a while as well.

    I'm loving your new photoshop experiments. I love the look of digital collaging.

    Keep experimenting and I hope you're feeling better.

    Kim
    Garden Painter Art

     
  • At 1:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    just came back again...
    watching the little sweet girl playing in the sand ;))

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home