New Blog Coming Soon!

Sunday, July 27, 2008

OMG! I Am Blogging!

Hell will surely FREEZE!
So, uh...yeah...it's been a while.
OKAY! IT'S BEEN A HELLUVA LONG TIME.
But alas, I am here - at least for the moment :)

I would have blogged - but my free time has been spent in Doctor's offices, blood labs, and exercising!

About five weeks ago I ended up in ER with scary-high blood pressure. I am talking 288/117...uh huh....HIGH. Stress is wonderful isn't it?

My health insurance kicked in at work and I found a Doctor I actually like!
He put me on blood pressure meds and found out I have a thyroid problem as well ....bless his soul...because now I am finally losing weight (two pounds a week) AND my blood pressure is MUCH better!
I am not dieting...I have made life-style changes...being informed, reading labels, making smart choices and walking about twenty miles a week.

During all of this I noticed that when I took my blood pressure after MAKING ART my blood pressure dropped....so...it is TRUE....
ART is good for the HEART!!!

One project I am currently working on is altering my old guitar. I had tossed it in the trash when we were moving out of the cottage - but my Granddaughter rescued it telling me "Don't throw this away, you will regret it!"
As usual - she was right ....and since it is no longer playable I am turning it into ART that will hang on the wall!

As you will see in the photos I am doing it in a Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) theme to go along with the Mexican style of decorating we love so much.

I will take photos again once it is complete and hanging in the living room...but for now here is my work in progress!
It's good to be back! :)







13 Comments:

  • At 6:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Beautiful piece of art! I totally love it!

     
  • At 7:45 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    jane...thanks for stopping by! Mi casa es su casa...thank you for the compliment ;-)

     
  • At 4:46 AM , Blogger Jacki said...

    That is so beautiful!

     
  • At 9:36 AM , Blogger Dagny said...

    Glad to hear that you are doing better healthwise. Also lovely guitar.

     
  • At 9:33 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    jacki..thank YOU...I don't believe we've met! So glad you visited!

    dagny..thank you sweetie xox :)

     
  • At 10:36 AM , Blogger lostarts said...

    That is drop dead gorgeous!

     
  • At 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ay Mija! Que bonita tu guitarra! I love what you're doing and the colors are amazing. Love the piano too; will you be altering that as well?! LOL!
    Thanks for sharing and I'm happy to hear you're doing better.
    Love ya!
    Linda

     
  • At 3:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    it's about time doing something creative girl!!
    and that's not just 'something' what i'm seeing here... your music piece looks so great!!!!
    and the image with marissa's piano... :)))))
    perhaps little jo and his tiny banjo would love to have a unique piece like this one ;))

    happy you came back for posting!!
    keep it up please! i miss it!
    and don't worry too much about that blood pressure and you gland, you're doing great with the exercises and loosing weight!
    jaleous :((

     
  • At 1:05 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    jo, linda and marita! Hi everyone!
    Thanks so much for the NICE compliments! I am having fun with this project - very relaxing and good for my blood pressure :)
    Marita - maybe one day I can paint guitars for Santana..ha ha ha!

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger Kelly Kilmer said...

    Jolene,

    The guitar is gorgeous!!!!!! :)

    Glad you are doing well!!! :) Have missed you!

     
  • At 7:28 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Wow - I'm glad you are doing better! Scary BP #s!

    Your guitar is awesome!! I love it!

     
  • At 8:33 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Kelly and Tammy...so good to see you both here! So glad you dig the guitar...knew you two would 'get' it :)

     
  • At 5:20 PM , Blogger violette said...

    Hi Jolene......how are you??? I hope you are feeling better? I love your guitar....it's stunning!

    Love, Violette

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home