New Blog Coming Soon!

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I'm Just Happy To Be Here With You Tonight


LOOK OUT!
On my way back from a run for art supplies and a quick run into Kinko's I came home via our old 'hood in Newport Beach.
Around the corner from where we used to live we had numerous auto accidents - the wailing of sirens and choppers flying overhead was a daily occurence. And it was here where I almost was a statistic today.
A woman was making a LEGAL left turn onto the major road - she had the right of way - and I slowed so she could merge in front of me -- knowing the hazard there.
Out of NOWHERE a sports car complete with blonde hair blowing in the wind comes flying through the red light.
She clips the woman who was turning -- car parts clanging everywhere on the asphalt -- and she is headed right for me. Right.For.Me.
In an instant I said my 'goodbyes' to everyone in my head. She was going close to 55mph in a 30mph zone and I appeared to be her next target.
In an instant she got control of her speeding over priced bullet - and veered.
All I could think was .... I am still here...I am still here.
When I stopped shaking and got over the urge to puke I looked skyward and thanked my Mom.
I never really believed in guardian angels until today.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mija, as I read this post my first thought was "her mom got control of that car to avoid an accident." I'm so happy to see you're still here with us. And yes, just TODAY, my mom said that I had a guardian angel. It was after I shared a story about someone who helped me on the road after I stalled.
    Shakey

     
  • At 9:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I believe in guardian angels. They seem to be esp. helpful in matters having to do with cars. Maybe because it's often where we need the most help!

     
  • At 2:44 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Barbara - twice now since Mom passed a guardian angel seemed to be responsible for our safekeeping while driving..the incident I wrote about - and a spin-out in front of Jill and Marissa while on the way to Disneyland!
    So, oh yeah - I am a firm believer in them now!

     
  • At 3:01 PM , Blogger Lee said...

    j0- Sounds like a Eyetalian story to me. I have a hard time envisioning a 'Hippy Chick' in her 'Bug' ONLY being a witness. But, I am happy you survived!
    MedicineMan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home