New Blog Coming Soon!

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Choc-O-Lot!

One night during the week I felt like being in the kitchen...wonders never cease...since I would rather be in the art studio any ol' day. But I had seen this simple chocolate bar receipe on Food Network and I just had to try it out. After Jill and Cooper tasted it I was told we NEED to make it for our Solstice Celebration!

All you need to do is: (excuse me, but I don't measure) dump two bags of semi-sweet milk chocolate chips into a double boiler (I put a big pasta bowl over a pan of simmering water) and stir 'em up till they melt...take about two handful's of slivered almonds you have toasted in the oven for ten minutes to bring out their flavor and mix them in with the melting chocolate...then take about two handful's of orange-flavored (my choice) dried cranberries and mix that in really good.

Have a shallow baking sheet lined with tin foil and spread the warm chocolate/almond/cranberry mixture out evenly -- then let it chill baby! Once the chocolate has completely chilled and gotten firm break it up into pieces and put them in a zip-lock baggie and hide it in the back of the fridge where it's not so easy to get to :-)

I bought all my ingredients at Trader Joe's...all great quality and affordable!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    yum!

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Blogger Gene Black said...

    Sounds good to me--except that part about hiding it in the back of the refrigerator..that is just silly.
    Send it to a friend --say one in Alabama! LOL

     
  • At 4:24 PM , Blogger BellaKarma said...

    If I come up with a name for the chocolate bars, do I win $20?

    :)~

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home