New Blog Coming Soon!

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Our Lady of the Lost & Found...

While I await word on a possible second job interview with a company in the creative industry I decided to relax by creating ART today -- the piece I created cannot be shared however--- because it is for a page in a friends Round Robin Altered Beatles Book...and to show it here would ruin the surprise for her...and trust me, she LOVES surprises...she is like a sister to me, and I LOVE her...so I won't show it :)

Instead I am posting a scan from my first ever Altered Book ...Our Lady of the Lost & Found...in this book I sort of tell a story of The Virgin Mary visting children (the pure) and one possible believer in todays world. I am not necessarily a religious person, a seeker rather - and what one friend has coined, 'a recovering Catholic'..I embrace many aspects of many religions - in my life I was taught tolerance- and I teach it in return...

The words on this page say:

...Sometimes, once your blinders have been removed, you find it....as if this were the most ordinary thing in the world to be doing at this time of day, in this part of the world...

I love the visuals those words conjure up...and what you are viewing is how I chose to illustrate it.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Love the title - our lady of the lost and found!! Wonderfully creative! I have yet to do an altered book, but my sister is trying to talk me into it! It's next!! (after all my other "next" projects!)
    This is too cool!!

     
  • At 2:54 PM , Blogger Tammy said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOW Mija! What a cool horse! LOL! Of the entire page, I notice the horse! I love the title of your book, btw. You are such a creative soul. That page is such a trip! Thanks for sharing.
    LaLinda

     
  • At 7:05 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Tammy, I LOVED creating the Altered Book..it was such a rush..and this whole book sort of took on a life of its own, seemingly creating itself.

    LaLinda, I kinda had a feelin' you would trip out on that horse cause I sure did!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home