New Blog Coming Soon!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Some of My Favorite Things


(click image for larger view)

It's obvious to everyone who reads my blog that I am in love with the sea...and I cannot imagine living any place else. And for some weird reason I am fascinated with photos of bicycles. So, when you combine the sea with the bicycle I am happyhappyhappy! I am experimenting with black and white photography lately...and love the timeless quality it reflects.


(click image for larger view)

This beauty is The Lynx and she is a replica of a pirateering vessle. You can catch her at the Nautical Museum in town and climb aboard for a history lesson at sea with a reenactment of a battle. It's always a kick to watch the tourists on land JUMP when she shoots her cannon! Santa Catalina looms in the background - and again - I wanted this shot to look 'historical' like the sailing vessle herself and captured her in black and white today.


(click image for larger view)

Last week I was wandering down the street (as always with my camera slung over my shoulder) and it was during our "May Gray" days...I wasn't really expecting to find anything worth capturing...when all of a sudden the shot above appeared. I LOVE TUG BOATS - and I don't often see them in our harbor (Newport Harbor)...I have no idea what is being tugged and pushed...but it captured my attention until I could no longer see it in the misty gray harbor. In the background lies Balboa Peninsula.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:14 PM , Blogger BellaKarma said...

    What is that thing in the harbor!? And why didn't you tell me about it?

     
  • At 12:30 AM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Uh, because when I tell you things like "here comes the Wild Goose!" (John Wayne's old boat) you look dazed and confused and look in the sky for an aging bird...so I could only imagine your reaction to this "thing" being tugged through the harbor! ;-)

     
  • At 6:28 AM , Blogger Dagny said...

    Lovely photos once more. I too am a huge fan of the water.

    And lol about your comment to Jill. If I didn't know better, I'd swear you were mother and daughter. ;-)

     
  • At 8:20 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    I'm so jealous - I only get to the ocean once every couple of years... but I have the mountains in view every day, so....

    I LOVE B&W - the one of the bicycle is wonderful! :)

    Tammy

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home