New Blog Coming Soon!

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Vertigo

Hey if I am going to have a cottage full of paramedics and firemen I would prefer not to be spinning so fast that I cannot see how cute they are! Bummer!
Well, that was the case on Monday afternoon.
What started out as a slight dizziness turned into a full fledged holding my head yelling for my daughter VERTIGO.
But hey, at least I picked a good Hitchcock movie :)

I laugh now, but at the time I was scared sh*tless to be honest. Our large leaded glass hutch in the living room became a kaleidoscope and although I enjoyed the psychedelic sixties this trip was more than I could handle!

The paramedics were a little concerned that I was not vomiting - as that is a sure sign of vertigo. I made them happy once we were in ER and a "vommie-potty" or whatever those things are were no where to be found...opps. I just missed the shiny black shoes of the "i think must be cute" paramedic.

It's no fun having to keep your eyes closed when all the action is going on around you and its about you! But whew, I knew I hadn't been invited on Nicholas Cages new yacht but I could not find my land legs or my land eyes. I suppose I looked sort of like this: L@@K! only faster!

Naturally the ER Doctor -- appropriately named Dr. Cloud - surmised that I was one of the most pronounced cases of vertigo he'd seen in ER.

Thanks to the medication I sort of slept through Tuesday and Wednesday -- with only one very mild spinning sensation and my daughter quickly brought me my med's - which quickly took me back to la-la land.

I've had enough of this spinning stuff....so can someone please put on The Birds, or some other Hitchcock flick...?

11 Comments:

  • At 7:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Jolene, I hope you will be feeling much better very soon!

    Take care!
    :-)

     
  • At 11:00 AM , Blogger Gene Black said...

    Do ya really want "The Birds"? How about "The Man Who Knew Too Much" ? The good guys all came out okay in it. Que Sera, sera.

    hope you are feeling better, but doncha know when you are all reeling like that you can "accidentally" rub the paramedics.

     
  • At 8:18 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Anonymous - thanks for your well wishes :)

    Gene - you are going to make me laugh so hard my head will spin ;-)

     
  • At 10:14 AM , Blogger Dagny said...

    Ewwww. Not "The Birds." Too many childhood memories of seagulls on the playground at lunchtime trying to attack your food. I was going to suggest "Notorious" but Ingrid ends up getting drugged in that one. Then again, isn't that your current state? And just think. Cary Grant will come in to whisk you away. Or you can have the Dali dreams of "Spellbound."

    Well, whichever one you choose, I hope you get better soon. Because y'all have to start packing for your move to Berkeley. hehe

     
  • At 4:20 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Dagny:
    We were trippin' out on how you might be reacting to the final episode :)

    Hmmm, could you locate the house the Cohen's seized?

    On a medical note: being one who only takes Excedrine for headaches- I do believe the Ativan is giving me Dali like dreams!!!!!!

     
  • At 8:11 PM , Blogger Dagny said...

    How did I know you were having Dali-like dreams? Oh yeah. I've watched too much Hitchcock over the years.

    I have looked online but no one has posted the location yet. I see a number of houses like that in Berkeley -- if it was actually filmed here. When I win the lottery, I will buy this one or perhaps this one.

     
  • At 4:16 PM , Blogger Lee said...

    OMG! Now I know why it will take awhile to respond. I am speechless. I have not been at the 'puter much.
    I hope you are much better.
    Lee

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Yikes!! I hope you're doing better! That is scary! Spinning can be fun, but not in the sense of vertigo - blah!!

     
  • At 3:58 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Tammy,

    When I was a kid I used to love to spin and spin around on the front lawn - then lay down and watch the clouds until the spinning stopped.

    In my old age it's not fun anymore! LOL!!

     
  • At 11:48 PM , Blogger Gerushia's New World said...

    Hi Jolene:

    First of all, thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Your kind words were a pick-me-up.

    I can't believe your "vertigo" post. I know exactly how you feel. I have what's called "Positional Benign Labyrinthitis". Sounds like it could be fun, doesn't it? It's basically just a fancy name for bad ears. I don't get out of bed in the morning without my Meclizine and HCTZ. Just so you know, Meclizine is really only 25 mgs of Dramamine. It might be a good idea to buy some over the counter Dramamine just to keep in your purse. It really has helped make my life easier!!

    Thanks again from a kindred soul in So. Cal:

    Kim
    Garden Painter Art
    gnarly-dolls

     
  • At 4:13 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Kim, so cool of you to visit The Blue Cottage :)

    Ah yes, Meclizine...I do have that and keep it with me everywhere I go now -- plus they gave me Ativan in ER, I think that is what knocks me out!

    I visited your website last night after reading your blog - and girl, you ROCK! Don't stop doing what you do - you are an ORIGINIAL!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home