New Blog Coming Soon!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

HOT Art !

HolySheepSh*t it has been awhile since I've blogged, eh?
Before you go thinking I have been up to 'no good' and it's been keeping me away from the computer ...I will SHOW you what I have been doing with every free moment I have:

These are Altered Matchbooks. I have a bag filled with old matchbooks that my Mom had given me years ago -- and I just never had the heart to throw them away. While in the art studio I picked one up and started painting, stamping and generally distressing :)

For fun I asked my daughter to put them up on eBay "just to see if they might sell"...and each one I have created so far has sold (all of the ones shown here).

No, I don't sell them framed...I was just fooling around with our Web-Easy software program and thought it looked kinda cool...so I am presenting them to you this way :)

I am currently making more and will have them up on eBay this coming week...



10 Comments:

  • At 9:18 AM , Blogger Gene Black said...

    NICE work mi'lady!
    I just got back from a cruise...so I am behind on posting also.

     
  • At 11:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow, Jolene, those are very cool...I mean very hot! You and Art are truly matched. You really know how to strike up a good idea! Seriously, those are great! ;-)

     
  • At 12:07 AM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Gene..I am home painting matchbooks, and you are on a CRUISE...what is wrong with this picture? :)

    Anonymous...you LIGHT up my life with your wit! :)

    Thanks to both of you for the nice comments.

     
  • At 7:57 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Wow! These are cool!! I've never seen match books altered - but it's very Fun! :)

     
  • At 8:00 AM , Blogger Tammy said...

    Well - being the curious me, I had to go to ebay - and I placed a bid! :) These are just SOCOOL!

     
  • At 5:50 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Thanks Tammy!!!!!
    Good luck :)

     
  • At 5:03 AM , Blogger LadyTulip said...

    *** Who 'da thot that matchbook covers could look so great!! You made these look too fine.

    An' to think I've thrown away a gazillion of 'em that lurk around the house. Shows what I know!

    lauri

     
  • At 5:07 AM , Blogger Ruth said...

    Jolibeans, you always "light" up my life darlin'...

     
  • At 6:22 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    Thank you Ruthie :)

    Yes, Lauri it's amazing what ordinary things we have that can become ART! Thanks for the nice words :)

     
  • At 9:15 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very nice!
    (Hey, I thought you moved??)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home