New Blog Coming Soon!

Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Creative Spirit

(click image for larger view)
May she watch over all creative kindred spirits this year. :-)
Last summer myself and artist (Soul-Sista) Linda Forrest of Los Angeles did an "art swap" that Linda named "The Summer of the Postcard" -- neither of us took a trip to Tuscany or London --infact we never left Southern California --- yet we created postcards throughout the summer to 'capture' and share our daily creative journey's. My postcard pictured above was created with foam board that I altered to give the look and texture of an antique clay tile -- I found a holy card with a Saint (who is she?) who looked ready to create a work of art or poetry!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for taking me back down memory lane. This beautiful postcard stands guarding my 10 foot craft cart! YOU know the one! LOL!
    Exchanging postcards this past summer was the BEST thing ever. There's nothing like opening the mailbox and finding a one-of-a-kind piece of art. You're the best!
    Linda

     
  • At 11:40 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    She isn't kidding about the 10 foot craft cart. I have craft cart envy. ;-)

    The postcard swap was a blast. With Linda's permission one day I will share some of her work as well.

     
  • At 11:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You have my permission to share as I didn't really scan any of these cards. It would be great to see these again and I think it would also be fun to see some of yours, if you took photos or scans of them.
    LaLinda

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home