New Blog Coming Soon!

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Carving a Niche & Breaking the Mold

(click image for larger view)
Now that I drive a Beetle (again) I no longer 'burn rubber'...but I sure do dig carving it!
As I checked out the surf on a January morning I caught sight of the shore lined with beach umbrella's..honestly, the BEACH jammed with people in WINTER...c'est la vie in SoCal!
It inspired me to carve my own QUIET spot in the sand :-)
**********************************************************************************

(click image for larger view)

The older..er...more MATURE I get the more I seem to regress!

I am playing with clay! Polymer Clay.

The 'religious' embellishments are created from molds that I made after a trip to the local Catholic goodie (?) store. The sun faces are molds purchased at the craft store.

These are all just trial runs as I experiment with curing time and paint effects. My intention is to create one of a kind bracelets and prayer (or ) wish boxes with the clay.


3 Comments:

  • At 11:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey Mija, I really love the way you play with clay........the way you play with clay, let's make a song! LOL! Love the detail in the religious medals. Did you paint the clay after it baked or did you use tinted clay? Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
    LaLinda

     
  • At 11:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    WOw! I just admire the way you're inspired by your surroundings. Keep 'em coming! This is a very cool stamp too. What a wonderful private collection you've created lately, St. Joe!
    LaLinda

     
  • At 11:56 PM , Blogger ~jolene said...

    LaLinda-
    Some of the polymer items were made with translucent clay, and some (the religious medals) were cast in gold tinted clay. ALL were then painted with various Lumiere's---just experimenting at this point.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home